Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Is this really AG?

  1. #1
    emmaashley2
    Guest emmaashley2's Avatar

    Question


  2. #2
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It looks a lot like a caboodle, which was popular when AGoT was first released, but I've never heard of an AG one.

    I'd be interested to know if someone could chime in on this, or find it on kurt's site

  3. #3
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    It has the old AG logo stamped on the closure so it probably is legit.

    I don't remember a makeup kit,but maybe it was marketed as a craft box, lunch box, or something?

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 10, 2006 03:58 PM: Message edited by: GreyMyst ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member lj01's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    From the colors, It looks like it might be from the vey first year- American Girl of Today. Just a guess though, I don't remember it.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jessicasturm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I remember this item, I think...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It has the logo and everything, so it probably is. Wasn't there a girls' hairstyling set early on with AGOT? It sort of went along with the early pajamma set that also had doll haircurlers. You know, the wire curlers surrounded by foam, that looks like noodles...

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AG Gear School Tool Box from the back of the Back to School 1998 Catalogue:

    School Tool Box
    Open this heavy-duty plastic box to find tidy compartments and swivel trays packed with bright, useful school and desk supplies. Everything you need for great homework projects! 14" x 6" x 8"

    Includes:
    </font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">8 fine-tip markers
    pencil sharpener
    2 highlighters
    protractor
    pencil eraser
    glue stick
    ruler
    scissors
    3 AG pencils
    paper clips
    3 ballpoint pens
    mini stapler and staples
    tape dispenser and tape
    RSTB $27.95</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It looks EXACTLY like a caboodle on the inside. Pretty cute, I think I'll watch it, may bid if no one else does.

    On a side note, am I the only one who still has AG Gear catalogues?

  8. #8
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by cami713:

    On a side note, am I the only one who still has AG Gear catalogues?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Probably [img]wink.gif[/img]
    I quit recieving catalogs around then, and I never kept them even before that.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Probably
    I quit recieving catalogs around then, and I never kept them even before that.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL! I don't even know why I kept these! Only that I don't think I threw away anything I got in the mail from AG. I still have the rejection packet somewhere from when I found out my family wasn't interesting enough to become one of the paper dolls!

    The stuff was overpriced, and although, looking at them now, there's still a few things I really like, and would wear now, most of the stuff is very dated, and was a short 4 years after they came out.

    It is fun to look through them now and see the things I circled, though. Most of them are really ugly! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by cami713:
    I still have the rejection packet somewhere from when I found out my family wasn't interesting enough to become one of the paper dolls!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •